Packing List Trekking
The following packing list includes equipment that we recommend for a climb with us, it does not include personal luggage. The camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, etc.) is provided by us during tours and overnight in tents.
We recommend for the ascent a layered clothing system. In the lower plains at Kilimanjaro, it can still be quite warm and sultry. On the summit, on the other hand, snowfall is not a rarity and the temperature can drop to -20 degrees. Down jackets are therefore less suitable for the weather and temperature fluctuations.
Please have in mind that during the tour you are on the way with a daypack while the main luggage is on the shoulders of the porters. Suitcases are not suitable for this purpose. Please bring your luggage in a mouldable travel bag or backpack. The travel bag should be water repellent or waterproof. It is also recommended to pack the items in waterproof pouches. The weight of your main baggage must not exceed 15kg.
- warm sleeping bag (comfort range up to -12 degrees)
- A gore-Tex jacket or a warm jacket for the summit day
- soft shell jacket, raincoat, or rain poncho
- comfortable hiking pants
- wind and waterproof over-trousers
- possibly gaiters
- a pair of ankle-high hiking shoes (shoes, that are already broken in)
- a pair of light hiking shoes or sneakers
- warm gloves, possibly also inner gloves
- hiking socks, for the summit day warm hiking socks
- warm hat (fleece) for the summit day
- sun hat, peaked cap, or headscarf
- daypack (approx. 20-35 liter volume) with rain protection (in case you have no poncho)
- trekking poles
- LED headlamp with spare batteries
- sports or functional underwear
- medium-sized trekking towel
- thermos flask
- drinking bottle or camelback
- sun cream and lip balm with a high sun protection factor
- travel first aid kit (pavement, bladder patches, painkillers, diarrhea medication, etc.)
- energy bars, dextrose
- toilet paper, handkerchiefs
- travel toiletry bag with personal hygiene products
This list does not claim to be exhaustive. Missing or forgotten equipment can be borrowed from us
(if available) for a fee.