8 Days Kilimanjaro Climb Lemosho Route
A lesser-travelled route with breathtaking views. Particularly enjoyed by nature lovers
Do you want to go on a route to the summit of Kilimanjaro, which is only used by a few mountain hikers and still has a very original charm? Then the Lemosho route is probably the right choice for you. The first few days travel on secluded paths through lush rainforest, heath and moorland. From the Barranco Camp the tour is then identical to the Machame route. The tour is roughly level of challenge as the Machame route and requires a good physical condition and surefootedness. Due to its height profile, it also offers good conditions for acclimatization. The percentage of summit successes is the same as on the Machame route and higher than on the Marangu route.
We recommend the Lemosho route as a 8 day tour. This tour fully applies the rule “Pole Pole” (slowly, slowly) and an additional acclimatization day is an advantage for the successful ascent. We organize the tour also as a 7 day tour, the way leads you then to Shira Camp 2 on the second day.
- A very scenic and natural route
- Ascent via the Lemosho route and descent via the Mweka route
- Climbing passage in the Barranco Wall
- Route profile offers very good conditions for acclimatization
- Total distance about 74 km
Words from Our Clients
|Pricing for the Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route 8 days (per person)|
|1 Person||2 Persons||3-4 Persons||5-6 Persons||7 Persons and more|
|2560 USD||2240 USD||2040 USD||1990 USD||1960 USD|
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary | Professional, English-speaking guide | Mountain crew (cook, summit porter& porters) | Overnight stays in tents | Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, tables, chairs, etc.) | Meals according to the itinerary | Drinking water, tea & coffee | Oxygen tank and oximeters | All national park fees | Transfer from the hotel to the National Park gate and back
- Alcohol and soft drinks | Sleeping bag | Flights | Visa fees | Tips | Personal spending money for souvenirs | Travel insurance | Airport Transfer | Pre and Post climb Hotel Accommodation